Monday, April 4, 2011

Cambodia

It is hard to believe that tonight will be my fourth night in Cambodia, the time has passed by so quickly and I'm amazed that the rocky arrival has proven to be such a smooth trip. I arrived in Siem Reap, Cambodia on Friday around 5 pm after taking a bus to the border and then took a taxi the rest of the way, that almost turned into a terrible experience but luckily when the driver tried to take me and the three other girls I shared my cab with to a different place the tuk tuk driver from my place overheard the conversation and the British owner came to my rescue. I have so much to say and share but don't want to spend too much time on the internet because I feel a bit rude since I'm hanging out with people at the moment. I will gave you the basics; visited a village, gave a brief English lesson, did a day full of temples, Angor Wat was spectacular, visited the floating village today, a small orphanage and don't know how much longer I'm staying but now that Alan, a British guy I met has moved in with me we're only paying $4/night each for our room. Hope to have some spare time available tomorrow to upload pics and write more about Cambodia.

I will admit I do miss showers and a few other things from back home over here but all in all I think I could easily adjust to living in Cambodia on a long term basis, fingers crossed I can make it happen.

Much love,
Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment